AIと模擬診察

 お盆の連休中、AIを使ったロールプレイ形式の診察を何度かしました。いつものように、私が医者役を務め、AIが患者さん役を務めました。脳卒中、肺炎、心筋梗塞、虫垂炎、髄膜炎、頚部リンパ節腫脹など、さまざまな病気について話し合いました。これらの病気は馴染みのあるものだったので、診断を下すのは難しくはありませんでした。

しかし、いつものように、冠詞の誤用やタイプミスなど、いくつかの文法上の誤りがあり、これらの多くは、見直し不足によるものでした。

1回の診察には約30分かかりましたが、質疑応答を繰り返すクイズのような形式で取り組んだところ、意外にも非常に勉強になりました。病状の復習にもつながり、有意義な経験でした。

ある時、AIが「これは世界初の症例です」と言ったことがあり、それで白けた時もありました。😒

医学を学ぶだけでなく、英語で質問したり答えたりする方法も学べているため、これは貴重な経験です。

AIの返答を英会話の先生にお見せしたところ、「少し気取った感じだなぁ。このAIはもっとシンプルな表現を使うべきだ。」と言われました。確かに、オーストラリアやアメリカの人たちが返事をされる時は、AIほど複雑な表現は使いません。おそらく、私が日本人で英語に不慣れなことを理解しているからでしょう。

以前ほどドキドキしなくなったのは英会話の先生のおかげです。


During the Obon holiday, I conducted a role-playing medical consultation using AI. As usual, I played as a doctor, and the AI played as a patient. We discussed various illnesses, such as stroke, pneumonia, myocardial infarction, and appendicitis. Since I was familiar with all of these illnesses, it was easy to make a diagnosis.

However, as usual, there were several grammatical errors, such as incorrect use of articles and typos. I realized that many of my mistakes were due to a lack of reviewing.

Each consultation took about 30 minutes, but approaching it like a quiz through back-and-forth questions and answers turned out to be surprisingly educational. It was a meaningful experience that also helped me review medical conditions.

There was one time when the AI said, “This is the first case in the world,” which made me lose interest.
😒

It’s a valuable experience because, in addition to studying medicine, I’m also learning how to ask and answer questions in English.

When I showed the AI’s responses to my English conversation teacher, he told me, “It sounds a bit pretentious. The AI should use simpler phrasing.” It’s true that when people from Australia or the U.S. reply, they don’t use such complicated phrasing as the AI does, probably because they understand that I’m Japanese and not used to speaking English.

Just like before, I wasn't nervous at all. I think I've gotten used to examining English-speaking people, thanks to my teacher.

人気の投稿